Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Kappa Delta Recognizes Music Therapy

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kappa Delta Recognizes Music Therapy

Photobucket

When I found out I was going to be featured in my sorority's national alumnae magazine a few months back, I couldn't believe it.   I've been reading the Angelos of Kappa Delta since I graduated from Rollins College in 2004, and am always amazed by the wonderful things that Kappa Delta women across the country are doing. To be amongst such company is a pretty huge honor, if you ask me!

"Bridging the Communication Gap" highlights the work I do as a music therapist here in Springfield, along with another KD alum who uses sign language to help children with disabilities learn to communicate.  The article doesn't mention it, but the picture above was taken during my local alumnae chapter's Founders Day dinner, for which I wrote and performed an original song.

A special thank you to Kimberly S. Moore, who sent me the article in PDF format.  Her mom is a KD alum as well, saw the article, and emailed it to Kimberly.  (Small world, huh?)  You can download and read it via this link:

Download: Rachel in the Angelos Magazine

Kappa Delta also published a Q&A with me, which covers lots of topics (from my education to my experiences as a KD in college).  You can read that here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home