Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: You Can Vote However You Like

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You Can Vote However You Like

Just because your students aren't old enough to vote, that does not mean they don't understand or care about the election. In fact, the very opposite is true. In one of my classes this morning, the first question my students asked was, "who did you vote for, Miss Rachel?"

As I mentioned earlier today, my school held a mock-election and students were given the opportunity to cast their ballots for either Obama or McCain. Towards the end of the aforementioned music therapy session, the class wanted to sing about who they voted for. I agreed, and each student proudly shared their vote with their peers and me.

As the students in the following video will tell you, it's not about who you vote for - it's about letting your voice be heard and setting an example for the children who look to you as a role model. It's obvious that they are paying close attention!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home