Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Ten Little Ladybugs

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ten Little Ladybugs

Over the last few years, I have amassed quite a collection of books that I use with my students. I always keep my eye out for books with bright, colorful pictures and engaging content, but most importantly, the words must rhyme or have a lyrical quality. This is a must because rather than just read the books to (or with) my students, I sing them. It's easy to set the words to a simple tune, either original or familiar (such as "Twinkle Twinkle" or "Clementine"), and it is more appealing to the student, as well.

I can address multiple goals while singing books with my students: answering "yes/no" or "wh" questions, naming objects and colors, reading, counting, following directions (such as turning the page or pointing to something), and attention to task.

My favorite types of books to read, especially with the younger crowd, are those with texture or 3-D elements. One great example is Ten Little Ladybugs. The book is visually stunning and stimulating, and my students never grow tired of it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home