Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: 1 in 150

Thursday, April 2, 2009

1 in 150



I spend most of my days working with children who are diagnosed with autism. Today is a day to recognize every single one of those children, as well as the rest of the world's population of individuals with autism. It is also a day to be thankful for all of the people who provide care and treatment, including (but not limited to):
  • physicians
  • teachers
  • educators
  • childcare providers
  • therapists
  • first responders
  • early interventionists
And of course...the families. I have never met a more patient person than a family member who has a child, grandchild, niece, or nephew who is diagnosed with autism. Just yesterday as I was leaving a music therapy session with Carter, I commented to his aunt that she must have the patience of a saint (which is completely true). She responded, "only when it comes to Carter," but it is apparent that Carter comes first in her life. I hope that someday I can have possess that same patience and persistance.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 3, 2009 at 1:43 PM , Anonymous Kimberly Sena Moore, MM, NMT, MT-BC said...

Just want to say - I am enjoying your blog, the songs you post, and the stories you tell. You have a really nice way with words. Would you be okay if I posted a link to your blog from mine? www.MusicTherapyMaven.com

 
At April 3, 2009 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Rachel Rambach said...

Hi Kimberly. Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog. I am so glad you are enjoying it! I would love for you to post a link, and I will do the same in return :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home