Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Eight Silly Monkeys

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eight Silly Monkeys

I'm feeling generous today, which is why I'm sharing all the details of my students' favorite book, Eight Silly Monkeys. I picked this book up at Barnes & Noble three years ago, and it has held up through all this time in the hands of my students, who can be less than delicate :) Thankfully, the book has a hard front and back cover and the pages are made of sturdy cardboard, making it the perfect classroom resource.

The bright colors, 3-D monkeys, familiar words and tune make this a very popular book not only with my students, but with me, too. Why? Because there are so many objectives that can be addressed, including counting, tactile input, basic reading skills, and even movement. My kids love imitating the different motor skills the monkeys display in this book, like jumping, dancing, spinning, and sliding.I hope you and your students have the chance to enjoy this book as much as we do here at the Hope Institute. And speaking of Hope, today is our 2nd Annual All-School Singalong! I'm used to being a solo act, but today several of my coworkers - a drummer, guitar player, and bassist - will join me to present some of the "greatest hits" of the year. I'm off to practice with the band right now...have a great day!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Sandie-Matthew's Mom said...

My eyes lit up when I saw the book on your post this morning. I've been wanting this book for my child and then when I heard your song...well, it's just adorable and this tune is on my list for Matthew's next custom CD. :) And the book is a must have now to go with your song.

Rachel, you're the best! Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home