Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Friday Fave: Celebrity Chef

Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Fave: Celebrity Chef

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that there was a big event coming up at The Hope Institute, where I work as the music therapist. That event is our annual Celebrity Chef gala, and it is happening tomorrow night! Chicago chefs Brian Duncan and Paul Virant will be preparing an amazing meal, and there will also be music, dancing, silent and live auctions. This year, some of our students have played an important role in preparing for the fundraiser, which will benefit Hope and the children it serves.

One of my classes has been rehearsing since school began for the performance they will give at Celebrity Chef. We will be singing three songs, one of which I wrote specifically for the event. These students have put their hearts into it, and I am so proud of their hard work! I know they will be a hit tomorrow night.

As a souvenir, each guest will receive a CD which includes several Hope Institute "hits" from music therapy, as well as the song written for the event. Several of my students lent their voices to the CD, and an entire classroom worked together to assemble all 500 of the CDs we will be giving away. I was completely blown away by their neat work and speed - they completed this task in less than three days!

I'm extremely honored and excited that our music therapy program will be highlighted at the event, but even happier that my students will have a chance to shine. We work on skills such as respectful behavior, social interaction, and teamwork on a daily basis, and they will definitely be showcasing their progress tomorrow night. I can't wait!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home