Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Ahh, Winter Break

Monday, December 28, 2009

Ahh, Winter Break

In my last post, I was anxiously awaiting snow...and it came! We got our white Christmas here in central Illinois, so I just had to share a picture of our current house covered in it. As you can see, we haven't quite gotten around to shoveling the walkways, but what can I say - we've been busy! Family and friends have taken priority over all else this past week, but now that Christmas is over, I'm ready to get back to blogging. I'll leave the shoveling to Zach :)

In all of the holiday shuffle, I think I forgot to acknowledge the fact that winter officially began last week. While that might not be a big deal to most people, it is to me. I include a song for the current season in each of my group music therapy sessions at school, and "Fall into Fall" and "All About Autumn" started to get really old after three long months. My students and the staff agreed; they were excited to sing "Winter All Around Us" for the first time last Monday!

<a href="http://listenandlearn.bandcamp.com/track/winter-all-around-us">Winter All Around Us by Listen &amp; Learn Music</a>

Winter, winter, all around us
Cold out there, cold out there.
Coats and hats and scarves and mittens
I will wear, I will wear.

Winter, winter, all around us
Wind will blow, wind will blow,
Weather makes us want to stay inside
Ice and snow, ice and snow.

Winter, winter, all around us
Sing a song, sing a song,
As we count the days ‘til spring’s here
Won’t be long, won’t be long.

I will indeed be counting the days until spring is here. I'm not one for enjoying the outdoors during the winter months, so if you happen to drive past my house, you will most likely see me holed up in my office, probably with a blanket wrapped around me.

Yep, right through there! In fact, that is where I am right now, typing this blog post. After which I have songs to record and sessions to plan, so it's time to wrap this up. I hope you are enjoying winter break (or winter working, if you are back already) and I'll catch you later!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2009 at 9:50 PM , Anonymous Piano Teacher said...

You have a very nice blog here - very informative, useful and fun. I always enjoy your posts as I can really use them in my classroom and private piano studio. I admire your generosity, passion and commitment. Knowing your efforts, works and strategies help me acquire enough motivation to pursue this career. Thank you for being an inspiration , not just to me but also to most music educators like us. Please keep on sharing more creative and fun music teaching resources on your blog as I really find them all useful and effective. Good luck and more power to all your endeavors. Til your next posts! Happy holidays! Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home