Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Marching Right Along

Monday, March 1, 2010

Marching Right Along

 

Is it just me, or did February seem to drag on and on?  Thankfully, that dreary winter month is finally behind us and March is here!  On the horizon: SPRING, a weekend in Chicago, my puppy's first birthday, and a week-long break (during which I'll be recording a CD in St. Louis).

I was so excited about the advent of month #3 that I even recorded a new version of my "March" song.  I wanted to pep it up just a bit, so I added some drums, bass and harmonies and this was the final result:

<a href="http://listenandlearn.bandcamp.com/track/march-2">March by Listen &amp; Learn Music</a>

March is here, yes March is here,
The third month of the year.
Thirty one days march into spring,
And that is a wonderful thing.
Yes that is a wonderful thing.

St. Patrick’s Day will come around,
Find four-leaf clovers on the ground.
Leprechauns and rainbows too,
Clothes of green for me and you.

CHORUS

Get ready for the start of spring,
And all the fun that it will bring.
Soon enough we’ll have spring break,
Let’s celebrate, for goodness sake!

CHORUS (2x)

Even though today is a holiday, March is off to a busy start for me!  This whole week is going to fly by, in fact.  The clock is ticking, so it's time for me to get a move on.  Happy first day of March (and Casimir Pulaski Day), everyone :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 17, 2010 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rachel,

I just love all these songs you are posting! During my internship I wrote quite a few songs as an assignment, but haven't really been inspired to do so since. Thanks to your many many song ideas, I finally have the inspiration!
(and will be using part of your March song today for St. Patrick's Day!!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home