Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Sunday Singalong: You Belong With Me

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Singalong: You Belong With Me



Last summer, I wrote a post about Taylor Swift and explained why I'm such a big fan.  Almost a year later, my feelings haven't changed, and neither have my voice students'.  In addition to classical, Broadway, and art songs, I always sneak in a pop or country song here and there.  Taylor is usually at the top of the list, which is why I chose "You Belong With Me" as this week's featured song.  

Do you think pop music has a place in voice, piano, and guitar lessons?  I know that many studio teachers disagree with this practice.  But I think that it is important for students to sing the songs they want to learn in addition to those they should learn.  It's all about striking a balance between the two. 

Well another weekend has slipped by, and tomorrow will mark the beginning of my second-to-last full week of school before summer break.  Crazy.  Those 12 remaining days are jam packed with activity, including the all-school singalong, graduation, and planning for summer music therapy classes and sessions.  I'm going to relax this evening before the chaos sets in tomorrow...hope you'll do the same!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home