Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: One Year in the Studio

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One Year in the Studio

Photobucket

When my husband and I started house-hunting in January of 2009, I had one prerequisite: our home must have a dedicated space for a music therapy studio.  I'd been traveling to my students' homes (in addition to my full-time job at The Hope Institute) for two years, and I was exhausted.  Not to mention that I had to turn away potential new students, because with all the commuting I was doing, I just didn't have the time for them.

It didn't take long to find the perfect house; in fact, it was the very first house we toured.  Two months later, we were all moved in and I got to work furnishing, decorating and organizing my office/studio.  On June 15, 2009, the doors were opened to my students.

Today marks the one year anniversary of the Music Therapy Connections studio, and what a year it has been!  Since last June, we've doubled in size from 15 students to 30, and a lot of progress has made within these four walls.  I love the fact that there is a room in my house devoted to all of the things I love: writing, recording, and using music to help children learn and grow.

Just for fun, here is a video I made last summer which takes you on a tour through my brand-new (at the time) studio.  A lot has changed since then, but you get the general idea.  Oh, and don't mind my novice camera skills - they have since improved!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Blogger sunflowr0803 said...

Happy Anniversary, Rachel!! I am so jealous of your studio - it looks awesome! :)

 
At June 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Rachel Rambach said...

Aww, you are too kind!! Thanks!! I'm in here pretty much 24/7 - it's my favorite room in the house :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home