Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Do You Hear the Reindeer Tapping on the Roof?

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Do You Hear the Reindeer Tapping on the Roof?

I wrote this song specifically as a rhythm sticks activity, but it's so darn catchy that it works perfectly fine all on its own. This is the first of two reindeer songs that I've written this month, so stay tuned for the other one in the next couple of weeks.



Do you hear the reindeer tapping on the roof?
Tap tap tap tap tapping on the roof.
Do you hear the reindeer tapping on the roof?
Tap tap tap tap tap.

Dasher and Dancer are tapping on the roof,
Tap tap tippy tippy tap.
Prancer and Vixen are tapping on the roof,
Tap tap tap tap tap.

Comet and Cupid are tapping on the roof,
Tap tap tippy tippy tap.
Donner and Blitzen are tapping on the roof,
Tap tap tap tap tap.

Here comes Rudolph tapping on the roof,
Tap tap tap tap tap.
Good old Rudolph is tapping on the roof,
Tap tap tap tap tap.

Do you hear the reindeer tapping on the roof?
Tap tap tap tap tapping on the roof.
Do you hear the reindeer tapping on the roof?
Tap tap tap tap tap.

I will admit that when I recorded this, I inadvertently left out Comet and Cupid, but I posted the lyrics as they should be sung. Sorry for that!

Another idea for this song is that instead of naming the reindeer during the verses, you can sing:

I hear "Susie" tapping on her sticks,
Tap tap tippy tippy tap,
I hear "Bobby" tapping on his sticks,
Tap tap tap tap tap.

And name each child in the group. I do this with my younger kids, and they love hearing their names sung.

Well, back to work. I'm working on January songs, and for some reason it's just not as fun of a month as November and December. This is where my creativity really needs to kick in...I don't have the convenience of major holidays to inspire me :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home