Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: New Challenges

Monday, June 15, 2009

New Challenges

I have to say, it feels great to be back in the groove of things. Vacations are always nice, but there come a time when you start to crave routine and normality. I was back in my element today as I worked with quite a few returning students, many of whom present new challenges. But the biggest challenges are my new students, the children whose favorite school subjects, biggest pet peeves, strengths and difficulties I have yet to discover. The fun has begun :)

It was so much fun seeing my music therapy students' reactions to new songs and activities, like Colors in the Morning and The Shakin' Song. But I think the best reactions I got all day were to little Sadie! I couldn't believe how well-behaved my sweet puppy was as children and parents filed in and out of the house all day. And of course, each and every one of them had to stop and pet her. She handled all that extra attention like a champ!

Tomorrow's schedule is a little more laid back, which will be nice after my jam-packed Monday. I have a songwriting session planned for the morning, and then I'm heading to The Autism Program for my last two music therapy classes with the younger groups. Next week, the 9-11 year old class begins. I know I say it a lot, but I can't resist...I love my job!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home