Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: The Story of My Feelings

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Story of My Feelings

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I have a lot to do today, as my private practice's summer session begins on Monday and this afternoon is my second round of music therapy classes at The Autism Program. But before I get to work on all of that, I wanted to share one of my very favorite resources with you: The Story of My Feelings. It comes from one of my very favorite artists, Laurie Berkner, a name that should be very familiar around here!

I use this book with children of all ages and levels of development, as it appeals to almost everyone. I remember using it with a group of young children for the first time, and by the end of the story, several of the moms were tearing up. The illustrations in the book are great, and this is such a wonderful way to address emotions with children. I have an older group of kids with whom I use this book, and they love to imitate each action in the book as I sing about it (especially YELLING!). It is definitely a resource that I will never retire.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 10, 2009 at 1:58 AM , Anonymous music teachers resources said...

This is indeed a soothing song Rachel. It's so nice that you are able to share us these kinds of music.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home