Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: The Birthday Song You Haven't Heard (Part 2)

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Birthday Song You Haven't Heard (Part 2)

When it comes to ending a music class or music therapy session, I have plenty of goodbye songs from which to choose. But last year for Maggie's birthday party, I wanted to do something a little different. So instead of ending the music portion of her party with a goodbye song she already knew, I sang one I wrote especially for her. Thus, the "Birthday Goodbye Song" became a tradition, and I have been using it ever since.



Now it's time for me to sing my last song.
I'm so glad you came today and sang along.
Thanks so much for joining in and listening too,
I had a wonderful time with all of you!

Music time is over but the party's just begun,
There's still so much to do so let's go have more fun.
Maggie's turning five so we're gonna celebrate,
With presents to open and ice cream and cake.

Now it's time for me to sing my last song.
I'm so glad you came today and sang along.
Thanks so much for joining in and listening too,
I had a wonderful time with all of you!

Short and sweet, because by the time the music portion of a birthday party comes to an end, the birthday girl or boy and guests are getting antsy in anticipation of sugar...lots and lots of sugar. And I don't mind having a piece of cake and some ice cream, myself!

The "Birthday Song Goodbye" is always the last song on the CDs I make for the birthday boys and girls, which means two songs (the first is the personalized "Happy Birthday" song) just for them, with their names and everything. Want one for your little guy or girl? Let me know!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2010 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Tricia said...

Hi Rachel,

I am loving being a premium member of your blog... do you have the chords for your birthday tunes written on this site somewhere? I am going to be at a party a week from tomorrow and would love to share in a special way. Many thanks for all you do? I am convinced that you smile in your sleep!

Tricia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home