Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Orange You Glad It's October?

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Orange You Glad It's October?

I am! September is nice, but it is that limbo period between summer and fall, where the weather just can't seem to make up its mind. October is full-on FALL, and there's no question about that today. I am counting down the minutes before my first class this morning, when I'll be sharing a few new tunes for the new month with my students.

I've also pulled out a few old standbys, which I updated for 2009. One of those is the "October" song; it needed a bit of a facelift since I wrote the original version in 2007. New key, retooled lyrics, and voila!

<a href="http://listenandlearn.bandcamp.com/track/october">October by Listen &amp; Learn Music</a>

Today it is October,
The 10th month of the year.
Summertime is over
And autumn weather’s here.

Today it is October
We’ll decorate for fall.
Look at all the pumpkins,
And scarecrows standing tall.

CHORUS

Today it is October
It’s time to celebrate.
We’ll stay home on Columbus Day,
Oh, I can hardly wait!

CHORUS

Today it is October
It’s time for Halloween.
Candy, spooks and costumes
And all those scary things.

CHORUS

Oh, and speaking of Halloween: don't forget to enter the Halloween song topic contest, going on now through Monday! It's so easy; all you have to do is come up with a creative idea for a Halloween song, and submit it either via email or the comments section of any post. I'll choose three winners, who will each receive a custom Listen & Learn CD. You can read more about it here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At October 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Mikaela said...

Fall! I hadn't quite resigned myself to that fact yet, but I suppose I should get used to it, huh? ;-) Lovely song--it is beginning to put me in the autumn mood.

 
At October 1, 2009 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Rachel Rambach said...

I know what you mean, Mikaela. I am a summer girl all the way, but I have to find the positives in all the other seasons (although I'll admit, I'm never as enthusiastic about winter). Glad you like the song!

 
At October 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Daniel said...

October is the month I put away the bicycle for the winter. Not really something I celebrate. But I guess when you're providing therapy, you always need to find something positive to engage the kids. I wonder if your kids would understand Bobby Pickett's "Monster Mash"

 
At October 1, 2009 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Rachel Rambach said...

Mesmer7, I pull out that song every year! The kids LOVE it, especially all the funny sound effects.

 
At October 2, 2009 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am going to miss the beach..oh i love beaches!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home