Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: 2010: Let the New Year Begin

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010: Let the New Year Begin

I hope your New Year's celebration was a good one! We went out for a great dinner, stopped by our neighbors' party, and rang in 2010 in downtown Springfield. I'm soaking up the last few days of vacation before it's time to go back to school on Monday, which means spending the first day of the new year on the couch, watching a 30 Rock marathon and, of course, blogging.

Before I get to my new year's resolutions, I have a brand new song to share with you. I'll be singing this one with my students for the next 365 days, so hopefully they'll like it as much as the 2009 song. See what you think:

<a href="http://listenandlearn.bandcamp.com/track/2010">2010 by Listen &amp; Learn Music</a>

If you ask me, what’s the year,
This is what you’re gonna hear:
I’ll tell you again and again, it’s two thousand and ten!
From the beginning to the very end,
Sing along with me, my friend.
The year is two thousand and ten!

For twelve whole months,
That’s fifty-two weeks.
Three hundred and sixty-five days.
From New Year’s Day
To New Year’s Eve,
Is how long this year stays.

If you ask me, what’s the year,
This is what you’re gonna hear:
I’ll tell you again and again, it’s two thousand and ten!
From the beginning to the very end,
Sing along with me, my friend.
The year is two thousand and ten!

And for my new year's resolutions? I only have one, and it's simple: do more of what I'm already doing. That means more songs, more blogging, more projects, more services for my students...you get the picture. What about you? What are your goals for 2010?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home