Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Catching Up

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Catching Up

I'm back from the Big Apple and thoroughly ashamed to have neglected Listen & Learn for an entire week!  I honestly can't remember the last time I went so long between posts, and I feel a bit like a failed blogger :(  The truth is, I was already behind schedule before my trip, and being away for four days didn't help that situation very much.  I have several projects in the works, as well as new responsibilities both at school and in my private practice, which means I have a LOT of catching up to do.

But before I tackle all of that, let me fill you in on my trip to NYC.  I can pretty much sum it up in one word: amazing.  Just being there is a thrill, and we took full advantage of our short time in the city that never sleeps.  We ate lunch at Pershing Square Cafe, dinner at Basso 56, and ordered deli sandwiches from Rupert (of The Late Show with David Letterman fame).  When we weren't eating, we were walking around the city - Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and Grand Central Station were just a few stops we made - and seeing a Broadway show!  My wonderful husband waited in line at the TKTS stand long enough to score tickets to Memphis, a new Broadway musical that definitely lived up to all the hype.  We had some of our favorite friends right there with us, including my best friend (and NYC resident) Katie and her fiance, Justin: 


On Friday, we packed up our rental car and headed to New Jersey, where we took part in the wedding festivities of our friends Dustin & Kristin.  I don't have nearly enough time to paint an accurate picture of this beautiful affair, so it's a good thing I took almost 200 photos!  We returned home late on Sunday night, and I spent my "day off" on Monday working on an exciting project (more later...I promise!).

I have a long list of topics to share with you in the coming days and weeks, so thank you for sticking around!  The emails I received from readers while I was out of town put a big smile on my face, and were a constant reminder for me to get in gear here at Listen & Learn.  So this is me...getting into gear...and telling you to come back tomorrow for a brand-new song.  See you then!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2010 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Mikaela said...

Aaah...NYC is definitely on my list of places to visit, but living on the West Coast doesn't help that dream any. ;-) So glad you had a good time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home