Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Birthday Boy

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Birthday Boy


Somebody is turning 27 around here, and it's not me!  My husband, Zach, who is a whopping five months older than me, will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow, and the rest of the family and I will be there right along with him.

Although Zach and I have only been married for a year and a half, I've been by his side for six birthdays.  He takes the cake for giving the best gifts (birthday, Christmas, or otherwise) but I always tell him that I'm much easier to buy for than he is!  One of the best gifts he's ever given me (and there are lots from which to choose) was actually for our wedding, when we we were planning the playlist for the souvenir CD that would be given out to all 250+ guests. 

We had already decided that the song I wrote for him on Valentine's Day, Second Chance Dance, would be included, but what I really wanted was to record a song together for the CD.  After lots and lots of coaxing, he finally caved in.  We reworked the lyrics to the song "Anyone Else But You" (the one Ellen Page and Michael Cera sing at the end of the movie Juno).  Zach isn't a singer, or musical in any way aside from enjoying it, so I was pretty darn proud of the job he did on this song.  Needless to say, his friends and family were more than surprised when they heard it played during the picture slideshow my parents put together for our rehearsal dinner!

<a href="http://rachelrambach.bandcamp.com/track/anyone-else-but-you">Anyone Else But You by Rachel Rambach</a>

I will always treasure this recording, because it's most likely the only one I'll ever have of its kind. I couldn't be luckier to have such a wonderful, funny, supportive husband - he calls himself my #1 fan, though my mom begs to differ - and I hope his 27th year is his best yet!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At January 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Mikaela said...

That was very sweet, Rachel. Happy Birthday to Zach!

 
At January 9, 2010 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Sandie-Matthew's Mom said...

Awwww, that was just beautiful and so special. Thank you for sharing a super sweet song...I love listening to it.

Please tell your #1 fan (the guy who did a great duet with you)...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 
At January 10, 2010 at 12:13 AM , Blogger R_Yai said...

Rachel.HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 and Happy Birthday t o Zach.

 
At January 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Erin said...

The Birthday Boy is a special one indeed. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It was absolutely beautiful!

 
At January 10, 2010 at 7:15 PM , Blogger sunflowr0803 said...

Aww, that was absolutely adorable! :)

 
At April 20, 2010 at 6:06 AM , Anonymous Tricia said...

Love this!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home