Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Happy Groundhog Day!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day!

If you've already had your fill of winter, then you'll be disappointed to hear that Punxsutawney Phil did indeed see his shadow this morning.  I have most definitely had enough of this season, but I resigned myself long ago to the fact that the groundhog ALWAYS sees his shadow, and there will ALWAYS be six more weeks of winter.

Unfortunately, I don't have a song about Groundhog Day...but I know someone who does!  Fellow music therapist Wade Richards of Time for Music has a wonderful podcast, and his latest episode features not only a rockin' Groundhog Day song, but also a super-fun tune for Super Bowl Sunday.  Check it out!

Spring may be six weeks away, but now that it's February, we are one step closer :)  What are your plans for this month?  I'm excited about the upcoming Illinois Federation of Music Clubs' annual Festival, in which several of my piano students will be participating.  It will be both their first time and mine, so it should be a great learning experience for all of us.  Other than that, I have some fun projects to share with you in the next couple of weeks.  I know I have been hinting at them for a while now, so I promise to spill the beans soon.  In the meantime, here's the song my students and I are singing all month long:

<a href="http://listenandlearn.bandcamp.com/track/february">February by Listen &amp; Learn Music</a>

February is month number two,
The shortest of all the months, it’s true.
Usually twenty-eight days, but sometimes
At leap year, then there’ll be twenty-nine.

February second is Groundhog Day,
We’ll wait for the animal to come out and play.
Let’s hope his shadow he does not see,
It means spring will soon be here for you and me.

CHORUS

February fourteenth is Valentine’s Day,
We’ll give out cards and “I love you,” we’ll say.
Time for chocolate, and candy hearts too,
Pink and red flowers for me and you.

CHORUS

February also brings President’s Day,
Remembering those who paved the way
For the US to become so great,
And that is why we celebrate.

CHORUS

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM , Anonymous Wade said...

Thanks Rachel for the post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home