Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Friday Fave: Model Me Going Places

Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Fave: Model Me Going Places

Last summer I had the privilege of writing and recording songs to narrate the Model Me Kids video, Model Me Faces and Emotions (read my post about it here).  It was a tremendously fun project; in fact, I was a little sad when all the work was done and the songs were completed.  So you can imagine my how thrilled I was to be invited to narrate yet another new video.

I spent a good part of January and February working on new songs for Model Me Going Places, a video in which children model appropriate behavior in a variety of community locations.  I am so happy with the finished product, which I received in the mail earlier this week!

Included is the DVD, CD-ROM, and the lyrics for all 12 songs.  There is even a free iPhone/iPod Touch app that goes along with it, for which I provided piano melodies.  My one and a half-year-old nephew loves it, and he's too young to be biased!

Here are both DVDs (front and back), which are wonderful additions to my collection of resources.  Many of my students were already familiar with Model Me Kids before they even knew about my involvement; one little boy came to his piano lesson shortly after the first DVD came out and said, "Miss Rachel, I listened to you on TV.  You're famous!"  Hey, if I'm famous in the eyes of my students, then I've reached the top :)

You can order any of the Model Me Kids DVDs (there are 9 altogether) from their website, and be sure to go download the free iPhone/iPod Touch app!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 22, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Sandie-Matthew's Mom said...

My child and I were looking at the Model Me Kids website yesterday and I played the video clip of "Haircut" for him. His eyes lit up when he heard YOUR familiar voice singing that super cute "buzz buzz" haircut song. Rachel, the song is adorable and you are brilliant! Matthew learns best through having both visual AND auditory information being presented. When the auditory comes in the form of music...well, that's even better. I just ordered the Model Me Kids Going Places DVD for Matthew and can't wait until Matthew (and "Mama") get to watch it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home