Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Friday Fave: SPRING BREAK!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Fave: SPRING BREAK!

Ok, so I won't be lounging on some tropical beach during my spring break, but I do have some pretty exciting plans.  I have four lessons to teach after school today, and then SPRING BREAK '10 will officially begin!  Let me tell you all about what's going down these next two weeks.

Radio Interview

This weekend will be pretty low-key; I'll have some time to relax before I kick into high-gear.  The ball will start rolling on Monday morning, when I head to Capitol Radio Group to record a radio interview with Bob Murray, who hosts a weekly 25-minute program called Focus.  I'll be talking about music therapy, my blog, projects I'm working on, and my involvement in the Springfield community.  The show will air next Sunday (Easter!) morning on 5 local radio stations, including my personal favorite, WDBR

Recording My CD

Right after the interview, I'll hit the road for St.Louis, where I'll be spending the rest of the week recording my CD at Jupiter Studios.  I've chosen ten songs to include on the CD, so hopefully we'll have time to finish all of them.  It's going to be an intense 4 days: I'll be in the studio from 12 pm to 10 pm (yes, ten straight hours!) working one-on-one with Jim Callahan, the owner and head sound engineer.  Since I'm an early riser, I'll probably spend my mornings at Panera, fueling myself with caffeine and blogging about my recording experience.  Be sure to follow me on Twitter, as I'll also be tweeting frequently throughout the week!

Jet Setting

My school's spring break officially ends on Sunday, April 4.  I'll be back to work for a quick two days, but then Zach and I are taking off to San Antonio for five days of much-needed R&R.  This trip is courtesy of AAA, for whom my husband works as an insurance agent.  Every year, they send their top agents somewhere warm for a fabulous vacation...so far we've been to Palm Springs, Hilton Head, and San Diego.  I tell Zach that he can never leave the company, because they treat their employees so well (and I get to benefit from Zach's hard work!).

Back to Reality

Life will get back to normal on April 12, when the regular schedule resumes.  However, at that point there will only be eight weeks of the school year remaining, and those always fly right by.  Heck, I'm already planning my summer music therapy and lessons schedule!

There is a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks, and I hope the same is true for you.  Even if you're not on Spring Break (or if there's no such thing for you), at least the weather is getting nicer.  That's enough for me.  Have a beautiful Friday, and if you haven't already, go enter my giveaway to win the newest Model Me Kids "Going Places" DVD, which features musical narration by yours truly!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home