Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: A Spring in My Step

Monday, March 22, 2010

A Spring in My Step

It's heeeere!  Spring, of course.  I spent the weekend in Chicago, where the first day of spring was 34 degrees with 30 mph winds and a snow/rain mix, but hey, at least I can say that winter is technically over.

Two years ago, I wrote new lyrics to the traditional tune "This Little Light of Mine" for a song all about spring.  I don't do much piggybacking (changing the words of existing songs) these days, since writing the music myself is much more fun; but I still pull out "Spring is in the Air" every March.

This year, I decided to breathe new life into it, adding some instrumentation and changing the key of the previous version.  I can't wait to sing it with all of my students tomorrow!

<a href="http://listenandlearn.bandcamp.com/track/spring-is-in-the-air-2010-version">Spring is in the Air {2010 Version} by Listen &amp; Learn Music</a>

Winter’s gone away,
Spring is in the air!
Winter’s gone away,
Spring is in the air!
Winter’s gone away,
Spring is in the air!
Winter’s gone, let’s go outside, it is spring!

Flowers start to grow,
Spring is in the air!
Flowers start to grow,
Spring is in the air!
Flowers start to grow,
Spring is in the air!
Flowers grow, no more snow, it is spring!

Warm and sunny days,
Spring is in the air!
Warm and sunny days,
Spring is in the air!
Warm and sunny days,
Spring is in the air!
Warm days, sun’s rays, spring is here!

Only one more week of the normal routine before life gets a little crazy (in the best possible way). The following week is my spring break, which I'll spend in St. Louis recording my first studio album. Then the week after that, Zach and I are jetting off to San Antonio for a few blissful days of vacation. No wonder there's a spring in my step!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home