Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Happy July!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy July!

Any other summer, I'd most likely tell you how bummed out I am that July is already here.  But not this year!  I have so much to look forward to this month that I'm not even thinking about the fact that summer is one-third of the way over. (Okay, maybe the thought has crossed my mind...however, I choose to ignore it.)

In the next four weeks, I will be: attending my best friend's engagement party, traveling to Indianapolis for a 4th of July wedding, releasing my album, throwing a big CD release party, and giving a music therapy presentation at a big conference.  Whew! 

Back in June I re-recorded all of my Months of the Year songs, and this is the first time I've had a chance to share one with you at the start of a new month.  (You can download the entire album, which comes with all 12 songs + instrumental tracks + lead sheet songbook here.)

<a href="http://listenandlearn.bandcamp.com/track/july-2">July by Listen &amp; Learn Music</a>

Picnics, ice cream, apple pie,
Clap your hands ‘cause it’s July!
The seventh month of the year,
For thirty one days July is here.

Wave your flag, way up high,
Celebrate the fourth of July.
Let’s all wear red, white, and blue,
Fireworks for me and you!

Picnics, ice cream, apple pie,
Clap your hands ‘cause it’s July!
The seventh month of the year,
For thirty one days July is here.

Independence is the word,
Patriotic songs are heard.
Let’s join in and sing out loud,
For our country we are proud.

Picnics, ice cream, apple pie,
Clap your hands ‘cause it’s July!
The seventh month of the year,
For thirty one days July is here.

Summer’s coming to a peak,
It gets hotter every week.
Hear the crickets chirp at night,
Until the morning sun shines bright.

Picnics, ice cream, apple pie,
Clap your hands ‘cause it’s July!
The seventh month of the year,
For thirty one days July is here.

What are you up to this July?  Any big vacations or 4th of July parties planned?  My students have been filling me in on their holiday weekend plans, and they all sound like so much fun.  Whatever your plans may be, I hope you start the month off right by enjoying this gorgeous summer day.  Clap your hands 'cause it's July!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home