Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: One Step Closer

Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Step Closer

If you've been here before, then you are sure to have read about the project I am hoping to bring to life. I'm using Kickstarter, an online fundraising platform, to raise $2,000 in order to professionally record and distribute a CD of songs for children with autism and other disabilities, free of cost. My life's work is all about helping children through music, so making this happen would be a dream come true.

So far, in just over a month, I have raised $1,275. I am over 60% of the way to my goal, and I have until October 8 to meet it (otherwise I don't get any of the funds already pledged). I still have 55 days left, and I'm really hoping to surpass the goal so that I can include more songs and distribute even more CDs.

After doing some research, I have chosen a recording studio and I couldn't be more thrilled! Jim Callahan, the owner of Jupiter Studios in St. Louis, MO, has agreed to take on the project. And not only that, but because he believes in what I'm doing, he is willing to make it work within my budget.

The generosity of my readers, friends and family has amazed me to no end, and there's just a little way to go. Only $725! If you think you might be able to contribute, or to learn more, follow this link or click on the Kickstarter box in the left-hand sidebar.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home