Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Friday Fave: My First Review!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Fave: My First Review!

When I mailed out the preorders of my new CD on Tuesday, I expected for them to arrive either today or tomorrow, which is the official release day.  So I was incredibly surprised when I received an email from one preorder customer last night, telling me that her copy had arrived on Thursday!

It is so fitting that my first review comes from Sandie, a Listen & Learn reader who has also become a friend and great source of encouragement over the last year or so.  Sandie is a mother to Matthew, who was born with Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum (ACC).  Matthew absolutely loves music and has a growing collection of Listen & Learn CDs at home.  You can read more about Matthew at Sandie's wonderful blog.

Her email was as follows:

Hi Rachel,

Yesterday we took a day trip to the beach...about 90 minutes away from where we live. On the way to the beach we played some of your CDs in the car. Matthew still really likes listening to your songs. They are just so much fun.

Today (back at home) I heard the screen door to our house opening up this afternoon and wondered if someone was at my door and who it was. So as I peeked out my peephole I saw the mailman slipping envelopes inside my screen door and front door. As he drove off I opened the front door and scooped up the mail.  Well, I was really surprised to find an envelope from YOU mixed in with our mail and I knew exactly what it was even though I wasn't expecting it for a couple days.

Thank you very much for the CD and for the picture of you with the sweet note you wrote. It was so kind of you and it is very special. I am going to put it in a frame.  We listened to your CD and it's so wonderful!

Matthew signed "shoes" each time that you would sing the word "shoes" in "My Clothes and Shoes" song. He also really liked listening to the "Clean Up Song" and when it was over he made a happy "whooo whooo" sound and was excited.  The songs are really great, Rachel.

I think my favorite is "Clothes and Shoes" but need to listen a few more times since they are all so good. I'm not sure which songs is Matthew's favorite yet but will let you know. I think it just may be the one where he "whooo whooo'd" :)

I especially like how some of the songs have such a beautiful message that speaks to a person's sense of self esteem and feeling good about who they are.  We will definitely be listening to the CD a lot more and will still be playing the other CDs you've made for Matthew too.  Congratulations, Rachel on your brand new CD!!

I hope that you have an absolutely wonderful CD celebration party on July 11th.  And, thank you very much. :)

Sandie & Matthew 


As I explained to Sandie in response to her email, it's a bit scary putting so much of yourself into something (in this case, the music) and then sending it out into the world for others to experience. So to read her words and know that the songs are doing just what I had intended was a huge thrill - not to mention, a big relief!

I hope that the rest of you enjoy Time to Sing Hello as much as Sandie and Matthew have.  Tomorrow you'll be able to listen to all of the songs and download the album for yourselves.  I'm so excited to finally share it with you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home