Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: The Turkey Dinner Dance

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Turkey Dinner Dance

Good morning! The countdown is on: Thanksgiving is a week from today, which means I only have a few more days to share the rest of my turkey day songs with you. I'd have to say that today's song, "The Turkey Dinner Dance", is my favorite of the bunch, mostly because I love watching my students bust a move.



Let’s do the Turkey Dinner Dance,
Come on, come on let’s go.
Join right in and follow me,
You can do it fast or slow!

Turkey to the left, cha cha cha
Turkey to the right, cha cha cha
Turkey up and turkey down,
Turkey all around!

CHORUS

Stirring gravy to the left, cha cha cha
Stirring gravy to the right, cha cha cha
Stirring gravy up and down,
Stirring gravy all around!

CHORUS

Mashed potatoes to the left, cha cha cha
Mashed potatoes to the right, cha cha cha
Mashed potatoes up and down,
Mashed potatoes all around!

CHORUS

Pumpkin pie to the left, cha cha cha
Pumpkie pie to the right, cha cha cha
Pumpkin pie up and down,
Pumpkin pie all around!

CHORUS

The choreography is so basic that it really can't be called choreography. Each element in the song has its own move, explained below:

Turkey
What you'd expect...tucking your thumbs under your armpits and flapping your arms.

Stirring Gravy
Hold your right arm in front of you, curving it to make a half circle (this is the pot). Then use your left to "stir" inside the pot.

Mashed Potatoes
I'm sure you all know this basic dance move, where you pump your fists up and down in front of you.

Pumpkin Pie
Hold your arms out in front of you, curved at the elbow, and twist back and forth at the waist.

Or you can make up your own movements - but if you do, be sure to share them with the rest of us! Enjoy :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 19, 2009 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the chords for this song? Id like to sing and play it for my kindergarten class.

 
At November 19, 2009 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Rachel Rambach said...

If you give me your email address or send me an email (rachel@listenlearnmusic.com) I can help you out! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home