Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: Weekend Wrap-Up

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

On Friday I wrote all about my plans to enjoy some downtime, and that I did! This weekend was perhaps the most non-productive I've had all summer, and that was just fine with me. I saw "The Time Traveler's Wife" (a great film but not as amazing as the book), spent some time by the pool, slept in, caught up on my DVR'd shows, and most importantly, hit up the state fair where I saw Kelly Clarkson in concert!

I fit right in with my tween and teen voice students (many of whom were also in attendance) at the show, considering I am a HUGE Kelly fan. She put on an amazing show, even better than I expected. It was like one big singalong; my voice was a little hoarse afterward but it was definitely worth it. She did all of her big songs in addition to my favorites from her newest album, "All I Ever Wanted". A fantastic night.

Oh, and I wasn't completely unproductive this weekend: I completed my blog overhaul, transferring my songs to a server that allows for them to be downloaded and shared directly from the site. I've been working on this all week between projects, but it's finally done! I'd love to hear what you think about the new format.

Monday morning is only a few short hours away, which means a brand new week (jumpstarted by a 5 am workout and coffee). School begins on Thursday, so I'll be working non-stop to get ready. That includes writing some back-to-school songs, so stay tuned!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home