Listen & Learn Music

has been moved to new address

http://www.listenlearnmusic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Listen and Learn Music: The Best of Listen & Learn

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Best of Listen & Learn

In honor of being named today's "Blog of Note" by the awesome team at Blogger, I have compiled a list of the posts that I think best represent Listen & Learn Music. A Cliff Notes of sorts for first-time visitors, and a walk down memory lane for those of you who have supported this blog since it's creation in September 2008. Let's start at the very beginning...

9/4/08: An Introduction
My very first post, which tells the story behind Listen & Learn.

10/10/08: A New Friday Tradition
"Friday Faves" are still going strong. This was the inaugural one.

10/26/08: Up Close and Personal
Here, I share a little-known (non music-therapy) side of myself.

11/4/08: You Can Vote However You Like
A fun reflection on Election Day, including a fab video.

11/20/08: Turkey Dinner Dance
This song (and dance!) might just stir a Thanksgiving craving.

12/17/09: The Other Eight Reindeer
My nod to Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen.

1/30/09: Three Blue Pigeons
How I was able to reach a little boy with autism through a simple song.

2/23/09: Off to School Today
An upbeat tune all about going to school. School is cool!

4/20/09: Office Space
A photo tour of my home office and studio in its beginnings.

5/28/09: Bells are for Shaking
One of the many songs I've written specifically for the instruments we play.

6/25/09: I Heart Taylor Swift
Doesn't everyone? Especially after the whole Kanye West/VMAs debacle.

7/14/09: Help Me, Help Them
A video I made to spread the word about my Kickstarter project.

8/4/09: On the Disney Channel
Hannah Montana? Check. Jonas Brothers? Check. The whole gang's here.

9/4/09: Listen & Learn Turns 1
This post rounds out the past year in review as my blog celebrates its birthday!

Do you have a favorite post you've read or song you've heard here at Listen & Learn? I'd love to know about it. In the meantime, I am still reeling from the amazing bestowment of "Blog of Note" and 1,200+ visitors I've had today! Thanks to each and every one of you for sharing a few minutes of your day with me :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At September 19, 2009 at 1:18 AM , Blogger Escapist said...

NICE :-)

 
At September 19, 2009 at 4:52 AM , Anonymous obiavi said...

cool blog

 
At September 19, 2009 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I wanted to give you a big CONGRATULATIONS on your blog of note. Have a fantastic weekend!!!

 
At September 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

Hi Racheal! What a great blog, and a great job you have! Wow I didn't realise you could use music for autism therapy! That's fantastic! I have added your blog to my reading list! :-)

 
At September 19, 2009 at 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally love your cause! I am way into psychology and compose my own music so I can really relate to almost everything here. Way cool! I am definately following THIS blog!

 
At September 19, 2009 at 10:17 PM , Blogger samantha said...

congrats!!!

 
At September 19, 2009 at 10:21 PM , Blogger misssable said...

Glad I found your blog! I'm a student in Speech therapy and I'm interested to read more about how music can be used in treatment! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home